Herpes simplex labialis (HSL) – facial cold sores – is a common infection that causes painful sores in and around the mouth. Current topical medical treatments need to be applied regularly to slightly reduce the symptoms and duration of cold sores. This natural topical treatment is a product that could potentially further reduce the severity of symptoms and duration of cold sores with a single application, which will benefit people who suffer recurrent cold sores.
We are recruiting people aged 18 to 65 years, within 48 hours of initial cold sore symptoms (itching, pain, tingling, numbness, but no blister, ulcer or crust). To ensure you are eligible to join the study, your pharmacist will need to ask you some more questions.
Volunteers will need to visit the pharmacy twice, receive just one topical treatment to their cold sore, fill in an online diary each day for 14 days to rate their symptoms, and answer a short survey when they finish.
You can read more in our information sheet here
How do I sign up?
Message our team on Facebook or head into your local participating pharmacy (below):
The current participating pharmacies are:
- Alexander Pharmacy
- 191 Willis Street, Te Aro, Wellington, 6011
04 384 7353 / 04 801 7607
- Anderson’s Exchange Pharmacy
- 8 Broadway, Dunedin, Otago 9016
- Community Care Pharmacy,
- 14 Redwood Street, Blenheim, Marlborough 7201
- Life Pharmacy Te Puke
- 61 Jellicoe Street, Te Puke 3119
- Ranolf Pharmacy
- 59 Ranolf St, Rotorua 3010
- Unichem Cherrywood Pharmacy
- 52-54 Cherrywood Drive, Otumoetai, Tauranga 3110
- Unichem Kerikeri Pharmacy
- 56 McLean St, Waitara West, Taranaki, 4320